Pride Soaring Poet

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Place Where I Fantasized

There were no limitations in the place where I fantasized

Limitations was not a identified expression in the place where I fantasized

I would be an astronaut in the place where I fantasized

I would have a wife and my own children in the place where I fantasized

Everyone is my friend in the place where I fantasized

There is nothing to fear in the place where I fantasized

I can run forever in the place where I fantasized

I have no worries in the place where I fantasized

The playground was the place where I fantasized

When did I leave the place where I fantasized

Why must I leave the place where I fantasized

I grew up from the place where I fantasized

I long to return to the place where I fantasized

Will death return me to the place where I fantasized



1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger TruthSeeker said…

    I like to think that we never lose the place we fantasized. Sometimes, though, the responsibilities and obligations that we're forced and expected to maintain as we grow older make us blind to that special place. Where once we saw, we now only hope to see because the world has made us cynical. I like to think we need only open our "inner" eye to be transported back. I like to think that while most of us have wandered a bit, none of us have ever really gone very far... :) Another beautiful work, Mr. Odom. Thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home