Pride Soaring Poet

Thursday, May 04, 2006


Tigar/Dragon
Last week, well I thought it was last week
I looked in the mirror and saw a young body filled with strength
Today I see a body out of shape with puffy sags
Last week, well I thought it was last week
I could eat 4 Big Mac’s and climb a mountain for fun
Today I measure my food and walking to the other room is a chore

Two days ago, well I thought it was two days ago
I looked at photos I’d just taken and saw myself
Today I look at a photo I’d just taken and see my mother
Two day ago, well I thought is was two days ago
I looked at my mother and saw her
Today I look at my mother and see my grandmother

Yesterday, Well I thought is was yesterday
I was running thinking there was not enough time in the day
Today I think the days are far too long
Yesterday, well I thought is was yesterday
I dreamt that tomorrow I will accomplish my goals
Today I fear my time has past and it’s too late

Today, yes it is today
I am looking back and feeling I’ve failed
Tomorrows are drawing to an end
Today, yes it is today
I plan to better my short tomorrows
Have I wasted my yesterdays?

Tomorrow, yes tomorrow
I hope I don’t look back at my yesterdays with regret
For my yesterdays are my present today’s

2 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Christopher Darrick Odom said…

    I thank you for you honest comment. I like to think of depression as a state in which one is unfamiliar with the truth that pain and change is a vital part of life. Once one embraces this fact depression fades away. Thus the title of my book “All the Beautiful Flowers and Trees Grow in Dirt©.” This is a book of my pros. Christopher Darrick Odom

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger TruthSeeker said…

    I wouldn't say depressing so much as I would say honest. That we survive pain and learn from experience is the thing to focus on, and that IS positive. That said, I come away from this poem thinking of it as a gentle reminder that we should live each day the best we can. And that's positive too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home