Pride Soaring Poet

Wednesday, May 31, 2006


I was working in the yard today
     I just enjoy time in the yard.
It gives me the chance to deal with the basic reality of life.
     As the weeds intrude into my beautiful creations and designs
I toil at cleaving them out and bringing back my designs.

As I was digging I realized the similarity to man.
     Life intruding into a garden to grasp a chance to survive,
Just as man intrudes into the garden of the earth grasping at life itself.
     The great difference is the weed doesn’t know it is being intrusive
Its destruction is not for anything but to exist.

As we intrude in the this garden which we did not create
     Is our purpose for survival or for economic gain?
As we destroy this garden which we did not create
     Our intrusion grows greater each year and the destruction is grand
I would rather be a flower in this garden, not a weed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home